When the weather starts getting colder and the nights get darker I love to snuggle up in the evening with a hot chocolate. I have recently found my new favourite way of making it with a slightly festive twist. This is super simple, but with a bit of a twist as I like to use the Innocent Hazelnut Milk rather than dairy milk.
- 1 Cup of Innocent Hazelnut Milk
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Green & Blacks Hot Chocolate Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons of Sweet Garam Masala (This can be swapped out for any other spice you like)
Pour your milk into your pan and place over a gentle heat.
Add in the hot chocolate powder and cocoa powder and whisk into the milk.
Once this is all combined, add in the vanilla extract and the spice of your choice. I really love the sweet Garam Masala as it gives it a rounded Chai flavour rather than just the cinnamon.
What is your favourite festive twist on hot chocolate? I would love to try out some other recipes!