Kyran has his McMillan’s coffee morning coming up this week so we spent this afternoon making lots of cookies for him to take. This is a super easy recipe but everyone always loves them! This recipe is for about 24 cookies but can easily be halved for a smaller batch.
- 300g Light Brown Sugar
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 450g Self-Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 250g Butter
- 1-2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200g Chocolate Chips (I tend to use Dark Chocolate)
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Make sure that the butter is soft and combine with both types of sugar until pale.
- Once combined, add the eggs and the vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour and salt and combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls and spread out on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Depending on your oven, leave them to bake for 8-10 minutes or 12 if you prefer a crispier cookie. When you first take them out, they will seem like they are very soft, but as they cool they harden slightly and create the perfect, chewy cookie!
I hope you enjoyed this cookie recipe and do let me know if you give them a go!